(Pictured: American Contractors Grading and Paving and Astro Interior Contracting, Inc. from Georgia & Bella Construction of Key West)
Ajax Building Corporation Awards Best Subcontractors of 2017
19 Trade Partners of Excellence in Seven Regions
(Tallahassee, FL) April 4, 2018: Another year means another round of applause from Ajax Building Corporation, one of the Southeast’s premier contractors and Top 30 Green Builders in the U.S, for the outstanding work of their 2017 Subcontractor of the Year winners. These 19 honorees represent seven regions extending from Key West all the way into Georgia, north of Atlanta.
Ajax Building Corporation believes in annually celebrating the exceptional quality, teamwork and high safety standards of subcontractors in three professional categories: 1) Site/Structural/Building Trades, 2) Finish Trades and 3) Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Technology (MEPT) Trades. The following winners were pivotal in the success of 17 projects including several K-12 and Higher Education facilities, a Commercial Office Building, a Public Safety Complex, a Public Works Operations Center and a Central Energy Plant.
North Florida region:
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: ARD Contracting, Inc. for the Florida State University Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science building which is still currently in progress.
- Finish Trades: Nelson & Affiliates, Inc. for the School of Arts and Sciences’ new classroom building.
- MEPT Trades: Lewis & Thompson Electric, Inc. for the Florida House and Senate Garage (Nos 29.30 & 31) Repairs.
Northeast Florida region: All winners in this region are being awarded for their work on the University of North Florida’s Skinner Jones Hall.
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: Trinity Fabricators, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Florida Paint Co.
- MEPT Trades: Regency Electric Company, Inc.
North Central Florida region: All winners in this region are being awarded for their work on the Trimark Ingenuity Office Building.
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: O’Steen Brothers, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Teal Tile & Carpet, Inc.
- MEPT Trades: Touchton Plumbing Contractors, Inc.
Central Florida region:
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: Industrial Steel, Inc. for the Sumter County Public Safety Buildings (The Villages & Bushnell).
- Finish Trades: A&W Construction Services, Inc. for the Sumter County Public Safety Buildings and the Florida Department of Transportation Cocoa-Brevard Operations Center.
- MEPT Trades: Energy Air, Inc. for the Sumter County Public Safety Buildings.
West Florida region:
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: United Steel Works, Inc. for the Hillsborough County Schools East Bay High School Classroom Addition.
- Finish Trades: Raynor Company Group also for the Hillsborough County Schools East Bay High School Classroom Addition, the Pinellas County Schools Largo Administration Building Central Energy Plant and the St Pete High School Addition.
- MEPT Trades: A&G Electrical Technologies, Inc. for both the Hillsborough County Schools East Bay High School Classroom Addition, Pinellas County Schools St Pete High School Classroom Addition, and the Madeira Beach Fundamental School Renovations.
Southwest Florida region:
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: Bella Construction of Key West, Inc. for the Monroe County Schools Gerald Adams Elementary School in Key West, which is still under construction.
- Site/Structural/Building Trades: American Contractors Grading & Paving, Inc. for the Georgia Department of Public Safety Service and Headquarters Upgrades.
- Finish Trades: Astro Interior Contracting, Inc. for the Atlanta Metropolitan State College Student Success & Services Center.
- MEPT Trades: Gold Mech, Inc. for Augusta University Reese Library Renovations.
About Our Company: Ajax Building Corporation is celebrating its 60th year of innovative solutions and exceeding expectations in construction management. Ajax prides itself on delivering projects on time, in budget and with the highest level of safety, customer service and quality regardless of the complexity or size of the project. Our signature is embedded in projects for universities and colleges, K-12 school districts, city and county governments, as well as hospitals and the restoration of historic structures.