Ajax Building Company, LLC Awards Best Subcontractors of 2019
21 Trade Partners of Excellence in Seven Regions
(Tallahassee, FL) February 25, 2020: Ajax Building Company, LLC is pleased to honor the exceptional work and dedication of 21 subcontractors who helped projects from the Florida Keys to South Carolina achieve the Ajax standard of excellence. Each year, Ajax celebrates the quality, teamwork and high Safety 360°standards of subcontractors in the following categories:
- Core Trades (Site, Structural, and Building).
- Finish Trades.
- MEP/FP/T Trades (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Technology).
North Florida Region: The outstanding performance of all three of these subcontractors included working on occupied and busy university campuses.
- Core Trades: ARD Contracting, Inc. for their ongoing work on the Florida State University New Student Union, which is at approximately 30% complete.
- Finish Trades: W. Barahona Construction, Inc. for the Pensacola State College Baars Building also still under construction and expected to finish up early summer of this year.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Comfort Systems USA Southeast for two projects; PSC Baars Building and the brand new City of Fort Walton Beach Field Office Complex which completed in December last year.
Northeast Florida Region: All three of these subcontractors were recognized for excellent work on an interior office space build out project for the accounting firm RSM on the 17th floor of Riverplace Tower in Jacksonville.
- Core Trades: Realco Recycling Company, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Fickling Brothers, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
North Central Florida Region: These subs made a good team even better on the University of Florida Shands IT Tower. This project involved a 12 Floor vertical addition in an alcove approximately 20′ x 20′ with foundations at the first floor -30′ resulting in IT rooms for each of the 11 currently occupied floors.
- Core Trades: Craggs Construction Company
- Finish Trades: Central Florida Drywall & Plastering, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Miller Electric Company
Central Florida Region: The incredible finished product that is the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Bronson Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory is thanks in part to these Central Florida subs.
- Core Trades: VMG Construction, Inc.
- Finish Trades: A & W Construction Services, Inc. also worked on the Orange County Public Schools Pine Hills Bussing Compound completed in November.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Boys Electrical Contractors, LLC
West Florida Region:
- Core Trades: B & M Masonry, Inc. for the Pasco County Cypress Creek Middle School, to be completed in June this year.
- Finish Trades: Raynor Company Group for the Hillsborough County Bellamy Elementary School Security Walls.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Energy Air, Inc. for the HVAC Renovations at Hillsborough County Schwarzkopf Elementary School.
Southwest Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Bella Construction of Key West, Inc. for both the Monroe County Stanley Switlik Elementary School still under construction and the Monroe County Marathon High School Athletic Complex completed in November.
- Finish Trades: Lee Drywall, Inc. for the Charlotte County Justice Center renovations, set to complete in August.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Pedro Falcon Electrical Contractors, Inc. for the Monroe County Marathon High School Athletic Complex.
- Core Trades: Tindall Corporation Georgia Division for the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center expansion anticipated to finish in February 2021.
- Finish Trades: Commercial Bank & Business Equipment for five bank projects.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Jennings-Dill, Inc. for the College of Charleston Sottile Theatre stage renovation, currently at about 80% completion.
About Our Company: Ajax Building Company, LLC founded in 1958, is an employee owned and third generation family operated construction management firm. During the past 62 years, Ajax has steadily grown to become one of the Southeast’s premier contractors. As a part of the STO Building Group family, Ajax’s project experience now extends throughout the United States, into Canada and the UK. Regardless of the complexity or size of a project, Ajax brings innovative solutions to construction challenges and the final product exceeds owners’ expectations. Ajax prides itself on delivering projects on time, in budget and with the highest level of safety, customer service and quality.